Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

FANTASTIC FRIDAY 4-11-14

ASK ME ABOUT...
...what I did in P.E.
...what letters I learned and practiced in my handwriting book.
...where I went and what I did for Work Stations.
...the story, Where Butterflies Grow.
...what it is called when a butterfly sheds its skin.
...what I made for our Butterfly Garden.
...the rhyming objects my classmates shared today.

Children learned and practiced writing the letters "V" and "W" today in their handwriting books.

LIFE CYCLE OF A BUTTERFLY~
Yesterday we read a book about butterfly gardens and today we read a book about where butterflies grow.  These books were to help prepare us for transforming our Dramatic Play Station into a Butterfly Garden.  

 After reading today's story, children chose one of the 4 stages of a butterfly's life to create for our Butterfly Garden.
 
Children in the photo below made caterpillars.
Once the caterpillar bodies "dry", we will add antennae and eyes and then put them in the Butterfly Garden.

Children in below's photos made eggs on a leaf.
This group of children each made a chrysalis.


The children pictured below are creating butterflies.
Here is our "tree" in progress.  We have leaves with caterpillar eggs and chrysalis on it so far.  Stay tuned!







No comments:

Post a Comment