Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

THRILLING THURSDAY 12-4-14

ASK ME ABOUT...
...where I went and what I did for Work Stations.
...why my teachers used the peace rose with each other.
...what letter I learned and practiced writing.
...what the "missing number" was today at Calendar.
...what letter sound we practiced today.
...what we used to decorate the letter "I".
...what book Mrs. Arner read to us in the library.
...what book I checked out from the library.
WRITING STATION~ 
It is AMAZING how many authors we have in our classroom!!  To help keep everyone organized, we have a new system to help us know who is ready to share a book. 

 HANDWRITING~
Children learned and practiced how to write upper case "D" today!

 LETTER SOUND~
Today we learned and practiced making the short /I/ sound.  We decorated our letter "I" with instruments.  We also talked about what initials are.  Be sure to ask your child what his/her initials are.
EXTENDED DAY~
Today we did another Empathy Training lesson.  We explained to the children that empathy means helping, caring and being kind to others.  
Today's lesson involved brainstorming and discussion about what to do if 2 friends want to play different things at the same time.   
After our empathy lesson, we played "Mr. Potato Head", which is the Pre-K version of "Hangman".   To play the game, we used our previous passwords and color words.

No comments:

Post a Comment