Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

FANTASTIC FRIDAY 5-2-14

ASK ME ABOUT...
...where I went and what I did for Work Stations.
...what book Mrs. Arner read to us in the library.
...what book I checked out from the library.
...my initials.
...what number I learned and practiced writing.
...the book, Heartprints and our discussion about "heartprints".
...what happened in Charlotte's Web.
...what I did with my egg carton caterpillar that I painted!


 LIFE CYCLE OF A BUTTERFLY~
Today, children wrapped their egg carton caterpillars into a chrysalis and then hung the chrysalis in a place of their choosing.  We are eager to find out what will happen!

 

 HEARTPRINTS~
Today we read the book, Heartprints and then had a discussion about words and actions that hurt your heart and those words and actions that make your heart feel good.
 The children came up with these words and actions that are hurtful.
 We showed the children that these unkind words and actions make your heart feel unhappy and "wrinkled".  Even when you try to smooth out the wrinkles, you can still see/feel them.
 The words and actions on the heart below are examples of ways to leave a positive "heartprint" on someone.

 I IS FOR INITIALS~
Today, students colored their initials for the "I" page of their Pre-K Alphabet Memory Book.
 

HANDWRITING~
Children learned and practiced writing the number 3 today in their handwriting books.
 
Check out the drawings made by our Pre-K students after reading the story, Hattie and the Fox.  Be sure to ask your child which picture he/she drew with a classmate.













No comments:

Post a Comment